Wednesday 7 March 2007

Technology Evades Technology Correspondant

I am the Technology Correspondent for our online news website, which can be visited at http://www.mediastudent.com/newsonline

Now, i am the Technology Correspondent. However when it comes to technology, i seem to have about as much luck as Dean Gaffney in a nightclub.

This would not be an issue if i was reporting sport or crime, but I am the Technology Correspondent, I'm reporting technology, the very area i have no luck in, Dilemma.

Let me explain my latest run in my electrical friends.

For my latest story, the criteria was set that i should include a piece of audio. Delightful, not a problem, i hired the equipment, prepared my interview, piece of cake. Or not, you see this would have been done and dusted and id be sitting at home with my poodle, eating a custard cream by now, me that is, not the poodle, had the damn audio equipment showed any sign of life. But my experiences with technology always tend to throw up these lovely little issues for me to resolve.

Bottom line, the audio didn't happen in any way shape or form. Fair enough, i should have attempted to complete the task earlier, to allow time to tackle such problems, but i put my faith in the equipment, I'm an optimist you see. So perhaps the crime i am most guilty of is naivety, naivety in believing that the blasted audio equipment would work!

So take heed my friends, never trust technology, it will let you down. I'm off now to absorb a verbal barrage from my University tutor, who will demand to see the audio clip that i unfortunately have not obtained. I will no doubt receive a roasting of extreme severity, after all, the man supports Bolton. This could get physical.

No comments: